We design and manufacture NZ Standards compliant pool fencing in accordance with the NZ Building Code.
Choose from the range of Dulux Duralloy and Duratec powder coating colours, giving you a stylish pool solution to match your home. We have a wealth of experience in pool fencing, you can trust the experts.
pool fencing regulation in a nutshell
* This is a summary of
the important points to note, we encourage you to get familiar with the
regulation through the Tauranga council website *
- The pool fence must be a minimum height of 1.2 metres, with no stepping points (e.g. tree, decking) within 1.2 metres of the fence
- The fence must not be able to be climbed. Any horizontal supports on the outside of the fence must be at least 900mm apart
- Spacing must be no wider than 100mm including the gap at the bottom of the fence
- The pool gate must open away from the pool
- The gate must have a self-latching device that self-closes and self-latches from a static start of 15cm
- The outside latch must be at least 1.5 meters above the ground to keep it out of reach of children
- There must be no object near the gate that could hold it open
Follow these links to learn more about pool fencing compliance or check with your local territorial authority
Tauranga council pool fencing safety check list : http://econtent.tauranga.govt.nz/data/a-z/files/pool_assessment_form.pdf
Fencing of Swimming Pools Act 1987 here : http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1987/0178/latest/DLM124442.html
our range of pool fencing
frameless glass fence
Want to make your pool safe and compliant but don't want to lose your million dollar view ? Frameless glass pool fencing is the solution for you.
Made with 12mm toughened glass panels and sturdy polished stainless steel mini posts, our frameless glass system can also include a glass gate to access the pool area. We can also easily combine frameless glass panels with aluminium panels where needed.